A very special collection, featuring Cowgirl Creamery’s heart-shaped Mt. Tam, plus three additional artisan cheeses. All of these cheeses were made in the Sonoma / Marin region of the San Francisco Bay Area, where California’s resurgence of artisan cheesemaking began. Plus, a seasonal selection of melt-in-your-mouth hand-crafted chocolate truffles from our friends at the incomparable Mutari Chocolate in Santa Cruz.
- Heart’s Desire (Cowgirl Creamery)The limited-edition, heart-shaped version of Cowgirl’s highly-acclaimed, universally-loved Mt. Tam cheese. Made with organic milk. Cowgirl was one of the pioneering artisan cheesemakers in the northern California region, making it their mission to help local dairies and setting the stage for others to follow. Net weight: 10oz.
- Toma (Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co.) – In the late 90s, the four Giacomini daughters came home to the dairy to start a cheesemaking operation, making California’s only classic blue cheese. Branching out, they now include this mild table cheese which is perfect for every occasion. Net weight: 6oz.
- Estero Gold Reserve (Valley Ford Cheese Co.) -A true family partnership (five generations), Karen Bianchi Moreda and her son Joe are the cheese makers, while Joe’s brother, Jim, is the dairy farmer who supplies the rich Jersey milk used to craft this Swiss-Italian-style cheese. This Asiago-style cheese, aged at least 18 months, is rich in flavor, melts well, is great for shredding, sandwiches and as a perfect aside to nice glass of red wine. Net weight: 6oz.
- Breakfast Cheese (Marin French Cheese Co.) – Marin French is the oldest cheese company in the country and they’ve been making this cheese since 1865! For locals it’s one of the first specialty cheeses ever eaten. Basically, it’s a brie so young, it doesn’t even yet have a rind. Net weight: 4oz.
- Handcrafted Chocolate Truffles (Mutari Chocolate, Santa Cruz) – A selection of four delectable truffles, made with ethically traded cacao sourced directly from the farm. This collection of west coast seasonal flavors includes: Passion Fruit Dark Chocolate Heart (DF), Candy Cap Mushroom Brown Butter Milk, Wildflower Honey Chai (DF) and Venus Spirits Whiskey Brown Butter Milk.
- Olive Oil & Sea Salt Flatbread Bites (Rustic Bakery) – These crackers were invented to eat with cheese. Really!
And … you’ll also receive a gift certificate for a 90-minute Zoom on how to create incredible cheese & charcuterie platters (like the one in the photo), by Emmy Rener at Sophisticated Spreads.
Available for local (Sonoma & Marin) delivery/pickup on Sunday, Feb 13 and Monday, Feb 14. We can ship, for arrival 2/15 and after.
(Note: Fruit and nuts in the photo are a serving suggestion and are not included in your collection.)
There are no reviews yet.