Daily Driver SF – Job Opportunity
Looking to get into cheese? Daily Driver SF now hiring!
Daily Driver is hiring a Head Cheesemaker. This position is for a talented, dependable, kind, creative and fun cheesemaker, who has prior experience in all aspects of cheesemaking and affinage. Come and work at San Francisco’s only cheesemaking facility!
Daily Driver is an organic wood-fired bagel and dairy producer located in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco, CA. All dairy is made in-house and the milk is sourced from Silva Family Dairy in West Marin. This organic, 7th generation Jersey cow dairy represents the heart of what we believe in at Daily Driver – producing consistently excellent products that nurture the land from which they come and the people that make and consume them. Daily Driver strives to be more than just a delicious bagel & cheese shop. We want to directly benefit CA farmers by transforming their wonderful products into addictively delicious and nutritious food for San Franciscans.
- Follow established recipes & procedures to produce butter, cream cheese and jack independently and as a team.
- Develop new cheese recipes.
- Unmould and salt cheeses after they are produced, requiring the ability to lift 80 pounds and ability to hold 25lbs.
- Manage inventory and ensure all wholesale and retail orders are filled in a timely fashion.
- Experience using Quickbooks and Excel
- Maintain stock of all items related (salt, labels, wrapping papers).
- Maintain hygienic conditions in the creamery following the GMPs and the Food Safety/HACCP Plan. Considerable cleaning is required using a variety of strong acids, soaps and very hot water.
- Preference will be given to persons currently holding the required licenses/training
- Limited Pasteurizers License
- General Sampler and Weighers License
- Industry Analyst and/or Industry Supervisor for Antibiotic Testing
- Maintain accurate records as related to traceability and sanitation. Attention to detail is an important skill.
- Must be able and willing to repeatedly lift, turn, and maneuver in hot, humid and cold environments. Temperatures range from 39 F to 90 F.
- Work will be almost entirely standing.
- Be caring, mindful and take pride in your work.
- Enjoy steady expectable days.
- Schedule make days and creamery staffing.
- Manage cream make and delivery by sister business, Tomales Farmstead Creamery staff.
- Meet with the Daily Driver management and delivery team weekly
- Respond to emails in a timely manner
- Train and manage Assistant Cheesemaker and oversee product wrapping by other Daily Driver staff
- We like people who are first and foremost kind, as well as have a good sense of humor, are obsessed with cheese (especially ours) humble, and did we say kind?!
1. 2 weeks paid vacation a year
2. Health and Dental insurance after 60 days
3. Pay for cheese conferences
4. Pay for CACG and ACS memberships
5. Pay 55k-60k DOE
Workdays: Average workday is 8 hours with 30 minutes for lunch. Some days are longer and some shorter, with an average of 40 hours/week. Days off to be determined, and flexibility with scheduling. Qualifications/Requirements:
- 2 years prior Cheesemaking experience.
- Bending, twisting and lifting up to 80 pounds repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Maintain accurate records.
To apply, send email & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you California Artisan Cheese Guild!